List of Publications Organized By Topic
Brick Walls Retrofitted and Repaired by Expansive Epoxy Injection
· Zeiny, A., Evaluation of the Seismic Performance of Brick Walls Retrofitted and Repaired by Expansive Epoxy Injection, The Masonry Society Journal, September 2003, pp. 55-67.
· Zeiny, A., and Larralde, J., Out-of-Plane Performance of Full-Size Un-Reinforced Brick Walls Retrofitted with Expansive Epoxy, 9th Canadian Masonry Symposium,
· Larralde, J., and Zeiny, A., Horizontal Shear Performance of Full-Size Un-Reinforced Brick Walls Retrofitted with Expansive Epoxy, 9th Canadian Masonry Symposium,
· Zeiny, A., Repair and Retrofit of Brick Walls using Expansive Epoxy, Research Report Submitted to Delta Plastics, http://www.deltafoam.com, March 1998-June 2000.
CADD Design Support Environment
· Cook, M. and Zeiny, A. "A Methodology To Breakdown Bridge Designs into A Hierarchal Decomposition Assembly of Design Entities", 2005 NCUR Conference, April 2005.
· Zeiny, A., Computer Support Environment for the Reuse of Design Information in Structural Design, To be Submitted to the Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering.
· Zeiny, A., "Computable Dynamic Design Repository for Product Data Representation", 24th Computers and Information in Engineering (CIE) Conference, September 28-October 3, 2004,
· Cook, M. and Zeiny, A. "A Methodology To Breakdown Building Designs into A Hierarchal Decomposition Assembly of Design Entities", 2004 MUPEC Conference, March 2004.
Nonlinear Seismic Response of Unanchored Liquid Storage Tanks using the In-house Nonlinear Finite Element Code (DYNAZ) Developed by the Author (Al Zeiny) to Handle Nonlinear Liquid-Structure Interaction Problems with Free Surface and Soil-Structure Interaction as well as Contact Analysis at the Base of the Tank
· Zeiny, A., Simplified Modeling of Liquid-Structure Interaction in the Seismic Analysis of Cylindrical Liquid Storage Tanks, 13th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering,
· Zeiny, A., Factors Affecting the Nonlinear Seismic Response Of Unanchored Tanks, The 16th Engineering Mechanics Conference, ASCE,
· Haroun, M.A., Bhatia, H., and Zeiny, A., Characterization of Observed Uplift and Buckling of An Unanchored Tank During the Northridge Earthquake, The Northridge Earthquake Research Conference, Los Angeles, CA, August 1997.
· Haroun, M. A., and Zeiny, A., A Computational Technique for the Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis of Unanchored Liquid Storage Tanks, Proceedings of the Third Asian-Pacific Conference on Computational Mechanics, Seoul, Korea, September 1996, pp. 1007-1012.
· Haroun, M. A., and Zeiny, A., 1995, Simulation of Dynamic Behavior of Unanchored Tanks, Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology, Porto Alegre, Brazil, August 1995, pp. 341-346.
· Haroun, M.A., Zeiny, A., and Bhatia, H., Seismic Analysis of the Meter Feed Hold Tank (MFHT), Report Submitted to Dames and
· Haroun, M. A., and Zeiny, A., 1995, Nonlinear Transient Response of Unanchored Liquid Storage Tanks, Proceedings of the PVP Conference, ASME,
Design Guidelines of Liquid Storage Tanks and Liquefied Natural Gas Tanks
· Haroun, M. A., Zeiny, A., and Bhatia, H., 1994, Seismic Design Guidelines for Liquefied Natural Gas Tanks, Vol. 272, PVP Conference, ASME, June 1994, pp. 43-50.
· Haroun, M. A., Zeiny, A., and Bhatia, H., 1993, Seismic Qualification of Tanks for Storage of Liquefied Natural Gas, Egyquake Proceedings, December 1993, pp. 665-674.
· Haroun, M. A., and Zeiny, A., 1993, Seismic Design Considerations for Uplifted Tanks, Proceeding of the Structures Congress, Structural Engineering in Natural Hazards Mitigation, vol. 1, April 1993, pp. 139-144.
Soil Structure Interaction with Contact Analysis between Soil and Foundation
Haroun, M. A., and Zeiny, A., 1995, Dynamic Interaction of an Uplifted Beam with the Supporting Soil, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Recent Advances in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics, April 1995, pp. 409-412.
Modeling of Nonlinear Liquid-Structure Interaction with Nonlinear Free Surface Sloshing using Finite Element
Zeiny, A., Computer Simulation of the Nonlinear Liquid-Structure Interaction Problem with Free Surface, Proceedings of the 37th Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics Institute, Sacramento, California, June 2001.